Happiness is really a subjective and relative term, since measures and means of happiness may be different for each of us. However, as we are evolving as human beings in this hyperactive world of social media connectivity, our habits, ambitions and preferences are largely becoming similar. Most of us face similar life situations, and therefore experience almost the same results and circumstances. Our happiness triggers can be similar, too. And if we understand the common triggers better, we can get greater insight into how to become happy.
You may be able to experience happiness if you:
1. Give up your job and do what you truly want to do in life.
Focus on doing things that make you happy rather than working purely on the basis of making money.
2. Give up your old clothes that don’t fit you anymore.
If you are that lucky fellow who remained fit and kept the same physique until now, you may not have to give up your old clothes. However, if you have gained weight and still have your old clothes in your closet, donate them ASAP!
3. Give up your credit cards and buy on a cash-only basis.
If you truly want to be free in your life, give up debt and learn the habit of saving.
4. Give up your smartphone and just rely on a simple old-style mobile phone.
Smartphones keep you in constant touch with people you may not want to have in your life. It’s better if you can revert back to your old Nokia phone and just use it for receiving and making calls.
5. Give up your social media accounts and text your friends and family instead.
Social media can give grounds for divorce, so use it carefully if you want to save your marriage.
6. Give up relationships that are not fulfilling and enriching for you.
Stay away from relationships that are not satisfying for you personally and are contributing negatively towards your life.
7. Give up the habit of complaining and comparing.
You are already perfect so don’t compare yourself with your friends or others!
8. Give up excess clutter in your home and life.
Don’t live a lifestyle of one laptop for every family member…economize and get rid of things that are occupying your space and time.
9. Give up drinking excess alcohol.
Drinking too much will make your nervous system weak and you may not be able to make clear and correct decisions in your life.
10. Give up using drugs.
Don’t use drugs to suppress your anger, rather, learn to let go.
12. Give up your car and instead use a bike for short commutes.
It will make you more physically active and less worried.
13. Give up eating out unless you can truly afford it without straining your budget.
Pick up the habit of cooking and enjoy it. Cook for yourself and eat healthier.
14. Give up on the introvert lifestyle.
Learn to socialize adequately; however, avoid being too social as well.
15. Give up chasing big dreams and instead focus on achieving small milestones.
Cherish your small achievements rather than regretting not getting everything you want.
16. Give up the habit of expecting more from others.
Always rely on yourself and expect more of yourself.
This is just a partial list of things you can give up to help make yourself happy and satisfied with your life, but it’s a good place to start.
What does happiness mean? 20 Definitions Of Happiness You Need To KnowFeatured photo credit: Happy children playing head over heels on green grass in spring park via Shutterstock
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook