If you haven’t done so for a while, consider planning a surprise romantic date with your mate to enrich your relationship. When was the last time you went the extra mile for your loved one? It is easy to get comfortable in a relationship and forget to treat them in a special way, so be sure that your mate will be be feel surprised, happy, and loved when you go to extra trouble to plan something they will enjoy.
What truly makes it a romantic date will depend on what you both like to do, and the attitude that you bring to the event. Set your intention for the date before it starts, treat your mate with courtesy and show them all the love you have for them.
You can either choose from one of these surprise romantic date ideas and simply have a good time with your partner, or you can draw one of them from a “date jar”: just write each suggestion down on a separate piece of paper, and fold each one into a small square. Put all the squares in a jar and choose a date when you want to surprise your loved one.
Plan your next romantic date now based on your interests, or use these ideas to plan one date a month for the next 15 months. A variety of ideas have been listed so you can choose inexpensive or extravagant indulgences.
- Midnight picnic – visit a favorite spot under a full moon, or simply lay a blanket in your living room and enjoy a shared meal.
- Go to the airport and fly wherever you want to go (take nothing with you). Spontaneity will make the time with your loved one exciting, adventurous, and very memorable.
- Cover the bed with rose petals, and then cuddle up and watch a movie together (enjoy the scent and the anticipation).
- Draw her a bath and while she relaxes, cook a nice dinner for the two of you to share. For a guy get them a beer and let them watch some sports, while you prepare the meal.
- Visit open houses or model homes and plan how you would remodel your home if money were no object.
- Get a couple’s massage at your favorite spa.
- Take a class on how to give each other massages, then go home and practice.
- Create your own perfume or cologne together. Look up recipes for these scents online, or take a class together.
- Make a bottle of wine together, and then plan another fun date in the future when it will be ready to drink.
- Visit a local fruit orchard or farm and pick your own fruit or vegetables. Make a pie from scratch with your bounty.
- Take a hot air balloon ride. Get up crazy-early and see the sunrise from the balloon for an extra-special treat. Bring a beverage and snacks to enjoy, like mimosas and pastries for a sunrise adventure. For a sunset outing, wine, apples and cheese would be a hit.
- Rent a sailboat (and a captain if need be) and enjoy the afternoon out on a lake or sea nearby.
- Take a drive to your nearest national or state park. Simply relax, take a walk and enjoy the beauty together.
- Attend a free outdoor concert. Bring a picnic basket and wine, if possible, and don’t forget the blanket.
- Rent a paddle boat or canoe at your local lake. Spend the afternoon enjoying each other’s company, and the lapping of the water against your boat.
Which idea will your partner love? Tell us in the comments below. Did one of these ideas spark some great ideas of your own? Add to this list with your own ideas in the comment section below. Maybe you’ve already used some of these romantic date ideas? Share the stories of how it went with us.
Looking for even more date inspiration? Check out this list of: 50 Date Ideas for Couples
Set a goal for yourself
"To really live a life, I'll keep exploring the world and never settle."Add To My Goal
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook