Parenting is never an easy job. Parents always try their best to raise their child and hope their child will take their advice to be a good and successful person. Noor Al-Hajri shared on Quora what advice her mother gave her, which is probably what every mother wants her children to know about.Read full content
- Just Wait it out – Patience is a virtue. When facing an impossible task/decision, sleep on it.
- When you marry, you marry a family. Make sure it’s a good one:
With marriage, you don’t just get the person you marry. But his/her morals, habits, values, genetics, culture, language and anything at home that contributed to their upbringing (the good & the not-so-good). Inclusive of all this, you gain new family members – you want to make sure that you are aware & accepting of the entire package when you have kids, you’ll truly understand what it’s like to love someone more than yourself.
- You are not Old! You’re a 9 year old Adult (on my 27th birthday – This is more of a statement than advice, but it changed my outlook).
- Whatever it is that you want to do, Do it now. – Worrying is not doing. Just Start.
- Keep Receipts, Documents and everything. You never know when you may need it. Take Photos, even if you think you don’t look good. It will pass & you will have saved a memory.
- Cook – so you can feed yourself, stay healthy, save money & entertain others. Eat like royalty but dress modestly.
- Say No to Credit. Debt ties you down. Learn to budget.
- Don’t tell others your plans. – A few reasons are:
– Sometimes, sharing with others can hamper/change your plans. Opinions affect decisions.
– There’s an element of satisfaction that comes from sharing with others that may delay you from taking further action, as you already feel good.
– Not all people have your best interest at heart, this is only natural. They can potentially hurt you with the information you volunteer. (This is why many people in my life until today prefer not to join Social sites like FB, foursquare etc..) – (hat tip to Sam Feder for pointing out that I needed to elaborate on this further)
- Don’t judge a person based on a single action. People are more complex than that. Anyone can have a bad day. It’s not always about you. Learn to listen.
- The World doesn’t ‘owe’ You. You are not entitled to anything. You want something, work for it. Then work some more.
- Happiness is a choice you make everyday not an outcome. Choose to be happy and love yourself, so that others can love you. Avoid negative people.
- Travel, Teach, Volunteer, Read (a lot), try new things and make mistakes while you are young – it will help you mature and keep you humble.
- Don’t hold grudges. It’s hard but if you want to succeed you cannot hold grudges. Let it go. Harbor compassion instead.
The amazing lesson you'll understand when you become a parent: Here’s An Amazing Life Lesson Every Parent Has Learned From Raising A Child
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook