Let’s face it! Life will serve you plenty of reasons to be less than happy. But you know what? The time to take control and be a little happier has come!
It doesn’t matter what adversities you need to face. You only have one life, and you’d better make the most of it. The good news is that you can make yourself feel great very easily. Check out the tips below!
How to Put a Smile on Your Face in Less Than 10 Minutes
- Listen to one of your favorite songs. Yes, the world will not crash if you take a few minutes to listen to a song you love. Sing along if there’s no danger to get thrown out of the window by angry colleagues.
- Think about someone who has had a major positive influence in your life. Close your eyes and allow yourself to be filled with inspiration and positive energy.
- Feel gratitude! Think about the reasons you have to feel grateful. A lot of things may go south, but you absolutely have a lot of reasons to be thankful.
- Cherish the sun! Have you noticed what a positive impact good weather has on our mood? It’s magic! So take advantage of this and when you feel down, check the window! Do you see a round and yellow smiling face gazing through? If yes, drop everything and enjoy the sun for 10 minutes.
- Call someone you love and tell them you love them. It can be anyone you love. I don’t think you need to spend too much time to think about who to call, do you?
- Drop any expectations you have in the world. We want things to go in a certain way, people to behave in the way we expect them to, and so on. Just put all these expectations aside and allow yourself to get rid of the pressure. For 10 minutes, you are allowed to immerse yourself into freedom and inner peace. And, by the way, since you’re there, you may decide to stay a bit more…
- Chocolate time. I realize a lot of people watch their calorie intake, and this tip may raise some eyebrows. To note, it is not something to do on a regular basis, but from time to time, just get your favorite chocolate and eat it with no remorse. Forget about carbs, fats, or calories and simply enjoy a sweet moment in time.
- Do something crazy. Do you always follow the rules? Well, it’s time to get out of your comfort zone and do something crazy — something that you don’t usually do, but that you secretly want to do. Or at least plan it. Don’t worry, it will be our little secret.
- Lock the door, press play, and dance like there’s no tomorrow. Oh, yes! Let all the negative energy melt away. The walls need to see some crazy moves, so don’t be shy. You can put on your suit and attend that boring meeting afterwards. But now, it’s show time!
- Get out in the park, in a forest, or close your eyes and memorize the last time you went there. Allow nature to embrace you. Feel the inner peace… and smile!
- Run at full speed for 10 minutes. If you’re not in good shape, don’t try this, but do some other form of physical activity you are comfortable with. This releases endorphins, and you will feel better instantly.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. I kept the biggest tip for the end though: don’t look for reasons to smile outside, but inside yourself. Better yet, if you don’t find any, create them! It only takes a few minutes.
Ever noticed how hard it is to find a good picture of yourself?: How to Smile Naturally without Looking CreepyFeatured photo credit: Mundoo via Flickr
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content