Do you know what sticks with most people? Humor. What makes humor even better is when there is a life lesson attached to it.
What that means is that these will stick with you, and you’re going to gain great value from them. From great authors, to leaders, to amazing public speakers, these quotes are going to make you chuckle and nod in agreement.
The only precaution I must advise you to take is to not fall in the trap of memorizing quotes and then repeating them for all to hear. Too many people do that and it does nothing but show you can memorize things.
Instead, I challenge you to internalize each quote’s core message and really live through them. When you inspire others, you shouldn’t be quoting word for word things you’ve read. Instead, draw from your own experiences and world views to show them that these are the thoughts you truly believe in.
When I draw inspiration from quotes, I never say anything along the lines of “The great Ernest Hemingway once said…” Instead, I put in my own words what he said and show them what I truly believe by connecting it to our current situation as well as my own life experiences. I think that is more powerful than quoting things word for word.
Here are 10 funny life quotes that don’t need an explanation because they can be interpreted in many ways, and I think a lot of them explain themselves.
1. “Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch it to be sure.” –Murphy’s Law
2. “Anything you lose automatically doubles in value.” -Mignon McLaughlin
3. “Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.” -Brian Gerald O’Driscoll
4. “The odds of going to the store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one.” -Erma Bombeck
5. “When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.” -Will Rogers
6. “Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.” -Unknown
7. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing — that’s why we recommend it daily.” -Zig Ziglar
8. “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.” -Abraham Lincoln
9. “Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead.” -Bill McGlashen
10. ”Children: You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next 16 telling them to sit down and shut-up.” -Unknown
Hopefully reading these quotes allowed you to create some different perspectives. Remember, quotes aren’t about remembering them word for word and then repeating them for all to hear. Life quotes, even if funny, are meant to be internalized, and the messages inside of them are the ones worth spreading.
If there are any quotes you feel are humorous while still retaining profound value, I’d like to hear about it in the comments below. Aside from that, it’d be great if you can share this article on Twitter, Facebook, and any other social media networks you may have.
Thank you for reading, and I want to reiterate the importance of internalizing these quotes instead of the exact lines. Next time you get the urge to throw quotes around, slow down and think about the message of the quote and this article.
Encouraging quotes from others that have come before us are one of the best ways that we can level up our lives: 20 Encouraging Quotes to Level Up Your Life