It’s almost done! This new item to add to your habits list is quite easy.
Day 6 challenge is to eat only healthy snacks if you crave for food between meals.
How to do it?
- Keep a variety of healthy ready-to-eat snacks on hand. Examples are:
- Low-fat yogurt with fruits
- Vegetables with low-fat dip or low fat cottage cheese
- Whole grain crackers with hummus, peanut butter or low-fat cheese.
- Buy small packages of food or take small portions from larger packages. Don’t snack directly from a large container, bag or box.
- Eat slowly.
- Don’t snack for the sake of snacking. Boredom or stress are not reasons to snack. If you’re feeling anxious, try to take 10 deep breaths.
- Avoid snacking while watching TV, working or playing on the computer, reading, or driving. This is called “mindless eating” and can often cause people to eat more than they would normally.
- Limit snacks to no more than 3 per day.
Why it matters?
- Increased nutrient intake. Eating a healthy snack allows you to add to your intake of essential nutrients.
- Sustain energy levels. A healthy snack made up of complex carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats increases your energy levels for a longer period of time than sugary snacks do.
- Appetite control. Having a snack between meals prevents you from becoming so hungry that you reach for unhealthy junk food.
- Better Concentration. Adding healthy snacks between meals increases focus and performance, both at school and work.
If you want to revise habits days before…
Check-in Your Progress Now
Hard work pays off. Keep going!
Just did it
Any questions about achieving this goal? Ask Lifehack Experts now
You will get notification soon if your question gets an answerCheck out more questions