Day 5 challenge is to make a conscious choice to eat slowly.
How to do it?
- Clock yourself while you eat. Try to designate a block of time to eat, and only eat. If you are reading or watching TV, you are not paying attention to the food you put into your mouth.
- After each bite, place your fork back on the plate. You will be forced to slow down automatically.
- Chew your food thoroughly before your next bite. The better you chew, the better your system can process the food you’ve ingested.
Why it matters?
- Lose weight. A growing number of studies confirm that just by eating slower, you’ll consume fewer calories.
- Enjoy your food. Make your meals a gastronomic pleasure, not a thing you do rushed, between stressful events.
- Better digestion. If you eat slower, you’ll chew your food better, which leads to better digestion.
- Less stress. Eating slowly, and paying attention to our eating, can be a great form of mindfulness exercise.