Day 4 challenge is to not consume too much caffeine.
How much is too much?
Up to 400 mg of caffeine a day appears to be safe for most healthy adults. That’s roughly the amount of caffeine in 4 cups of brewed coffee or 2 “energy shot” drinks.
How to do it?
- Cut back gradually. Plan your caffeine withdrawal in stages. This reduction will help lessen caffeine withdrawal symptoms such as headaches, irritability and nausea.
- Water down drinks that contain caffeine. They will still have the taste you enjoy, but contain a lower amount of caffeine.
- Go for an espresso shot. These contain only about half the amount of caffeine as a cup of regular coffee. It will help you satisfy your craving, without overdoing it.
- Try coffee-like alternatives. Consider changing from coffee in the morning to herbal tea like green tea.
- Try decaf. Switch to decaf coffee, decaffeinated soda, or even better, water or fruit juices.
Why it matters?
Heavy daily caffeine use — more than 500 to 600 mg a day — may cause side effects such as:
- Stomach upset
- Fast heartbeat
- Muscle tremors
If you want to revise habits days before…
Check-in Your Progress Now
Hard work pays off. Keep going!
Just did it
Any questions about achieving this goal? Ask Lifehack Experts now
You will get notification soon if your question gets an answerCheck out more questions