So far so good, right? Today you have to add one more item to your previous two habits!
Day 3 challenge is to not eat any fried food.
How to do it?
- With a bit of creativity, we can revamp our favourite fried foods so they can be enjoyed guilt-free.
- Try baking with a coating of bread crumbs instead of deep-frying. This is a great way of mimicking the crunchiness and preserving the tender texture.
- French fries can be replaced by oven-baked yam (or sweet potato) fries.
- Fish and chips can be replaced by oven-baked fish that is coated with rolled oat.
- Fried chicken can be replaced by a grilled version, opting for white meat and peeling the skin.
- Schnitzel can be replaced by crispy oven-baked pork chop.
Why it matters?
- Fried foods clog arteries and lead to strokes and Alzeimer’s.
- Clogged veins and arteries cause heart attacks.
- The saturated fat and trans fat in deep-fried foods increase your risk for cancer and obesity.
- Fried food is inflammatory and creates problems with joints.