1. Reverse Warrior
- Begin in Downward Facing Dog. Step your right foot forward, rising up into Warrior 1. Open your hips, arms, and chest into Warrior 2.
- Inhale to lower your left hand to your left thigh or calf and raise your right arm overhead, arching toward the back end of your mat. Continue pressing the right knee forward, with the front thigh parallel to the floor. Hold Reverse Warrior for five breaths.
- Rise up, and switch sides.
- First, come into Warrior 2 with the right knee bent. Straighten your front leg, extend your right arm away from you, and lower it to the floor.
- Extend your left arm up and gaze at your left palm, holding for five breaths.
- Rise up, and switch sides.
3. Side Fierce
- Stand with both feet together. Bring your palms together, rotate your torso to the right, squat down, and cross your left elbow over your right outer thigh.
- Press down your palms together, and actively push your bottom elbow against your thigh to lift and rotate your chest up, increasing the twist.
- Keep weight in the heels, gazing over the right shoulder for five deep breaths.
- Stay in the low squat as you rise back to the centre and rotate the torso over to the left side for another five.
- Release hold of your foot, lift the torso as you swing your right knee forward. Wrap it around your left thigh, and tuck the right toes around your lower left leg.
- Cross the left elbow over the right then bring your palms together.
- Hold like this for five breaths, lift your elbows, gazing at the hands.
- Stand at the top of your mat. Step open to the right, open your legs about three feet apart. Turn your heels in.
- Bend your knees coming into a sumo wide squat until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Your knees should be directly over your ankles, so adjust your feet if you need to.
- Lift your arms up, bending your elbows at 90-degree angles, opening the palms away from you.
- Enjoy this pose for five deep breaths.
- From Down Dog, step both feet together. Move your right hand to the center of your mat, and roll the body to the right, balancing on the outer edge of your flexed right foot.
- Raise the left arm overhead, gazing at the fingertips.
- After five breaths, release the left hand to the center of the mat, and roll open to the left for another five breaths.
7. Intense East
- Begins by sitting on the floor with your legs extended in front of you. Place your palms behind your hips about six to eight inches away, with your fingers pointing toward your toes.
- As you inhale, press into your hands and feet firmly, lifting your hips into the air. Slowly release your head back, looking behind you.
- Stay here for five deep breaths, and then release.
8. Half Wheel
- Begin lying flat on your back with your arms along the sides of your body, palms facing down. Bend your knees, and place your feet flat on the floor. Walk your heels as close as you can to your tush.
- With your palms and feet pressing firmly into the ground, lift your hips up. Try to keep your thighs parallel. Bring the hands to the lower back for support or interlace the palms together.
- Stay here for five deep breaths, actively pressing your feet into the floor.
Set a Goal For Yourself
Love this infographic? Share it with your friends on Facebook