Fun Girl with Concept Elf Hair and Christmas Snow Graphic
Does your partner know you love him or her? Are you sure? Well, to be sure, there are at least 30 ways to say I love you and be creative as you do. Writing, Speaking, Physical Gesturing, “Just because” Gesturing, Culinary Treats, and Miscellaneous are six categories of ways to say “I Love You” to those who mean the most to you in your life. Most of these “love gifts” do not cost you anything but time and effort, and a little forethought.
1. Write a special note and place it in conspicuous spots, like on the car dashboard, pantry where the cereal is kept, on the couch where he or she sits down to watch TV, etc.
2. Write a treasure map card- using hearts show your partner the way (a path) to your heart. In each heart you can write a three to five word phrase. Example: “You make me feel loved,” “You’re the greatest,” etc.
3. Write reasons why you love this person and send a card with one reason each week. Example: “I love the way you take care of me and the kids.”
4. Write a coupon book redeemable anytime, no expiration date.
5. Write a rhyme using special phrases that are spoken only between you and your loved one.
6. Most people enjoy hearing the words: ‘I Love You” spoken at least once per day. This reaffirms love and intimacy in your relationship.
7. Whisper sweet special phrases in the ear of your special someone. Example: “You really turn me on.”
8. Take a moment once a week and speak to your loved one to let him or her know how and why they are special to you. This could be referring to an action, attitude or appearance.
9. Tell your partner what part of their personality really makes them special to you. Example: sense of humor, the care and compassion shown for you and for others, etc.
10. Speak about happy memories of special moments shared only between you two. This relives moments that the both of you can share, bringing about deeper closeness and intimacy.
11. Hugging your partner physically reaffirms the heartfelt intimate love between you and your special someone.
12. Hold hands while watching a movie, driving in a car, walking, lying in bed, etc.
13. Brush each other’s cheeks, softly. There’s just a special feeling when someone brushes your check or softly brushes your hair back behind your ears.
14. “Play footsie” and be playful. This gesture is another way to have fun and grow intimacy.
15. Looking into each other’s eyes with a big smile with no words spoken, speaks volumes of love “music” to your partner.
“Just because” Gesturing: Translates—“no special reason, I just felt like doing” the following
16. Take the other person’s car and fill the tank, and maybe even take it to the car wash.
17. Do the other person’s chores.
18. Buy flowers and deliver them at the end of the day at dinner.
19. Post a loving message on Facebook. Your special partner will get a warm feeling seeing a special love message from you that other people can enjoy too.
20. Take a person’s photograph (make sure it is their favorite photo of themselves) and make a blanket or T-Shirt, or decorate a cake for their birthday celebration.
21. Prepare or purchase a special food for the one you love. Generally speaking, when you show up with a favorite meal or dessert, your loved one will love the forethought it took to show your love for them.
22. Chocolates are generally a special treat any time of the year, especially if this is a favorite of your loved one.
23. Make something special using food. Example: use chocolate syrup and draw a smiley face on pancakes.
24. String popcorn and wear as a necklace and have your loved one pick off the popcorn with their mouth or hand. That will no doubt be a fun moment shared by the two of you.
25. Arrange food items in a special way. Example: Form a heart using different kinds of food items just to show a “heartfelt I love you” on a dinner plate.
26. Pay attention to what your special person likes…such as a certain perfume or cologne, a particular brand, etc. then do your best to give that item to your partner at least once per month.
27. Pay attention to your special person’s favorites, like their favorite television show(s), music tunes, radio station, author(s), foods, stores, celebrities, artist, etc., and surprise him or her with doing something special like record their TV program or movie on the DVR for them when they forgot to set the recording.
28. “Kidnap” your loved one with pre-made plans. Take your special someone away for a weekend, for one special evening, or for just an afternoon picnic.
29. Take a collection of photos of the two of you and make it into a collage and frame it.
30. Sing (or lip sing) a special song that has words to express your deep love for your partner.
Investing time and effort to show love to the one you love will make the other person feel special and they for certain will know that you love them. In return for your investment, you will no doubt receive dividends of love back to you!
Featured photo credit: Fun Girl with Concept Elf Hair via stokpic.com
Love this article? Share it with your friends on FacebookRead full content